It’s official: the Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Oberon region has three of the best resorts and hotels in Australia.
Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa, Fairmont Resort, and Echoes Blue Mountains all took home gongs from the 2012 Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence when winners were announced on July 26.
Organised by the Australian Hotels Association and open to Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) members, the awards are recognised as the most prestigious hospitality honours, recognising the achievement of excellence in a wide range of categories in the accommodation industry.
Emcee Deborah Hutton announced this year’s winners from a field of 161 finalists in front of more than 500 guests at a gala presentation dinner at the Westin Sydney.
Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Oberon Tourism chairman Randall Walker said: “I am delighted with the outstanding results achieved by quality operators from our region.
“Our destination has a proud history of delivering tourism accommodation and experiences and the TAA awards results with five wins and two high commendations represent independent recognition of quality product for visitors and guests.”
Lilianfels Group general manager Brian McHenry said the latest awards for Echoes boutique hotel confirmed the property continued to offer guests a distinct premium spirit.
“These awards are also a reflection of the level of commitment by our staff and management team at both Echoes and adjacent property, Lilianfels Resort and Spa,” he said.
“This is an important achievement at a time when the industry faces great challenges in the leisure market.”
The TAA wins add to the weighty 2012 AFTA National Travel Industry Awards Best Hotel/Resort Australian Property category award for Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa announced on July 21.
The local winners were:
- Best Environmental Initiative: Winner: Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa; highly commended: Fairmont Resort MGallery
- Public Relations, Sales and Marketing Employee of the Year: Kirsty Forbes, Fairmont Resort MGallery
- Chef of the Year (high commendation): Rebecca Kaye, Fairmont Resort
- Regional Restaurant of the Year: Echoes, A Luxury Collection Resort Blue Mountains
- Health Club and Spa Facilities of the Year: Timeless Spa, Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa
- Regional Superior Hotel Accommodation of the Year: Fairmont Resort MGallery
- Region Deluxe Hotel Accommodation of the Year: Echoes, A Luxury Collection Resort Blue Mountains