- Work with Australia's leading journalists on two lively daily news podcasts.
- Collaborate with a passionate and like-minded team
- Create high-quality content that engages listenters
Work with Australia's leading journalists on two lively daily news podcasts.
Are you passionate about all things audio, podcasts, news, the future of journalism, innovation and digital? We are looking for a fantastic Producer with journalistic nous to work across the daily news podcast from The Australian called The Front, and also news.com.au’s I’ve Got News For You
- Be part of the production and content leaders in creating daily audio updates
- Consistently research and drive the news agenda of the day through audio and podcasting
- Build valuable, effective and long lasting relationships across the business. Mainly with editorial stakeholders and teams.
- Managing a rundown, scripting and storyboarding
- Guest booking and co-ordination between journalists, guests, hosts and talent
- Produce and write daily scripts for long form news podcasts
- Be the research lead for the hosts and contributors
Who are you?
- Understanding with the 24 hour news cycle
- Ability to edit audio on Adobe Audition is a nice to have
- A full understanding of on-demand audio production and publishing processes
- Able to work in a high pressure environment and to tight deadlines
- Not afraid to bring new and fresh ideas to the table
- Ability to come up with an idea and turn that idea into something special
- You’re a big consumer of news podcasts
What’s in it for you?
- Good pay
- Flexible work arrangements
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
Who are we?
We are the voice of everyday people, a champion for the battlers of Australia. We’re for news, sport, lifestyle and more: our newspapers, magazines and websites influence 16 million people each month, a larger audience than any other media business in Australia.
Where do I sign?
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!