- 3 year contract with high growth Government client in Toowoomba or Canberra
- Manage over 700 Ag-Tech Commercialisation projects from start to finish
About Our Client
Grains, Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) sits at the interface of industry, government, and Australia's innovation ecosystem to identify and capture growth opportunities for Australian grain growers. GRDC is a leading organisation in the commercialisation of public research in agriculture (SCOPR, 2020). Our investments address the constraints faced by Australia grain growers and spread across a number of discipline areas and technological approaches including plant genetics, crop protection, farming systems, data and analytics, ag hardware, remote sensing and many more. We partner with the best in Australia and internationally. In addition to traditional RD&E investments, GRDC plays a leading role in the Agtech start-up funding ecosystem with initiatives that include venture capital and other early-stage support programs
- Reports to the Head of Businesses Development and Commercialisation and part of a highly performing team of 5, based across Australia.
- Identify and develop commercialisation opportunities from GRDC's R&D portfolio, for maximum adoption and industry impact.
- Develop commercialisation strategies and structures suitable for the deployment of GRDC research outputs and Intellectual Property.
- Negotiate commercialisation deals and agreements.
- Build and maintain strong collaborations with GRDC Investment Managers and other internal stakeholders. The focus of this role will be on Crop Protection and Biosecurity.
- Build and maintain strong external networks including growers, research partners, investors, other RDCs, technology transfer offices and private sector industry participants.
- Actively leverage GRDC's Agtech innovation initiatives, including the GrainInnovate VC fund and incubation and accelerator programs.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong commercial acumen including the ability to succinctly analyse the merits of commercial opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to leverage off external expertise and think strategically, including the ability to provide sound commercial advice.
- Demonstrated experience of commercial principles including finance, brand management, IP management, licensing and deal development
- Experience working in Crop Protection and/or Biosecurity is well regarded
- Degree in Agriculture or relevant Science discipline is well regarded
- Degree in Business or Commerce is well regarded.
- Must be prepared to travel as and when required
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence as deemed necessary.
- Must be willing to undergo all Pre-employment Medical checks
What's on Offer
Known for its team culture the GRDC encourages and inspires excellence. You will be welcomed as part of a high-performing forward-thinking team who thrive in a dynamic, flexible and autonomous work environment. You will receive a highly competitive remuneration package, performance-based pay and excellent opportunities for professional development.
- Immediate Start
- $117 to $143k + superannuation, annually (depending on qualifications and experience)
- 3 year initial assignment with opportunity to extend
- Annual leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements