Engineering Manager Contract Maintenance
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager join one of our major clients who are not only a global organisation, but one of the largest global providers of rolling stock and infrastructure solutions. If you have the following experience, this could be the opportunity for you.
Purpose of the job:
The position of Manager Fleet Performance Engineering is accountable for providing technical support in development and implementation of strategies, systems and processes to continually improve reliability of locomotive assets including fault-finding, troubleshooting and support the development of safe and compliant working instructions for the clients Maintenance Agreements.
- Lead the team to deliver on the Engineering objectives
- Assure resources, timing, scope and deliverables, are clearly defined and managed.
- Control business unit costs and manage budgets.
- Lead efforts with the organization to ensure on time delivery of quality engineering information and deliverables
- Issue various reports detailing progress and performance.
- Travel as required to perform duties and accept special assignments as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Engineer in relevant engineering field with proven technical expertise in reliability centered maintenance and repair of Rollingstock.
- Qualifications in heavy asset lifecycle management.
- Qualifications in Reliability and Continuous improvement/quality (six sigma, TQM, lean).
Employees Experience and Knowledge required:
- 10 years original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or rail, aviation, logistics, mining experience maintenance of complex electrical and mechanical systems, including the use of PC based fault diagnostic tools.
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or operational environment.
- Experience in providing technical direction in relation to engineering issues raised by the workshop teams and customers resolving product reliability issues in a rolling stock or heavy maintenance industry.
- Experience developing work instructions or repair procedures in a rolling stock or heavy maintenance industry
- Demonstrated rail industry knowledge, including regulations and regulators, rail operator parameters and SHE requirements.
- Significant ERP systems experience.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of engineering and quality processes and systems.
- Led large multiskilled teams.
- Drive PRA’s Vision Zero and the Rail Divisions six pillars of safety across all of the clients activities and environmental programs, including demonstrated leadership of all safety, health and environmental values.
- Build effective business relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Specific: Managing the Fleet Performance Engineering team in providing accountability in; Locomotive Overhaul & New Build Projects and Operational support
- Primary Engineering interface to the customer for Running Maintenance and conduit to Design/Product Engineering
- Maintenance technical inspection against assessed scope, in shop Engineering oversight, fault finding and troubleshooting
- Mentor Fleet Reliability Engineering staff In association with line leadership, development of Locomotive Overhaul and Corrective Maintenance safe working procedures and technical practice
- Reviewing/approving work packages for compliance
- Perform RCA of defects following release to service
- Engineering team interface with the Design and Product Engineering
- Leveraging EMD’s global work instruction library for development of engineering work instructions.
- Technical approval of all commissioning and testing related documentation.
- Driving of and contribution to key engineering, technical and operational related cost out improvement initiatives.
If you think you would be suitable for this position, please get in touch at: Megan.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0423 544 554