Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
When it comes to connecting brands with the passions of Australians, there’s no other media company like Nine. Nine lives at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture. We are a leading multi-platform media network, engaging an audience of 14 million users across news, business & finance, lifestyle, entertainment & sport.
The Mobile Apps team deliver apps across iOS, Android, phones & tablets for titles such as Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review. Building on the teams success, they are embarking on exciting new projects to reinvent and rejuvenate the mobile experience across several products in the portfolio. To help deliver this next evolution they are looking for an Iteration Manager/Scrum Master with solid experience managing Agile development teams.
Your role will include:
- Formulate strategic delivery plans, including options analysis, risk analysis, delivery projections and release planning based on qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Facilitate the prioritisation of the product backlog and ensure the upcoming sprints are groomed and organised.
- Facilitate highly effective agile practices, including standups, planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Remove impediments to the ability of the team to deliver.
- Ensure the desired outcome of the current focus is clearly promoted and communicated to the squad and to interested parties external to the team.
- Ensure dependencies across teams are managed so that the squad’s work is not blocked and aligned to the high-level business/technology goals.
- Highlight and propose options and actions where there is a risk to previously agreed delivery schedule via appropriate channels.
- Engender high engagement and alignment through a culture of empowerment, fun and positive energy.
- Continuously find the ways to optimise the delivery and partner with the squad to drive the change.
Your application should demonstrate deep understanding of Agile methodology, including:
- Knowledge of modern agile practices and the ability to apply them effectively in the context of the squad and the business.
- The adoption of effective agile methodologies.
- Actively participate and improve on internal delivery best practice.
- A proven track record working in and around product & development teams to deliver high-quality products and experiences.
- Experience and skills working in a technical environment, with the ability to distil complex business requirements into stories and tasks for the team.
- Experience and skills using Atlassian JIRA (desirable), with an understanding of the sprint performance reports.
- Scrum Master training and/or certification
- Digital media industry experience
- Passion for the latest technology
Within the greater engineering team we have intentionally fostered a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture. We support individual goals and personal growth through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training. As part of our commitment to inclusion we support flexible work schedules and locations. To discuss what this means for you please contact the Tech and Product Talent Acquisition Lead email@example.com
Corporate perks and benefits include:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting engineering challenges working at scale. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this team.