- Rewarding NUM role at one of the largest and best regarded AOD Organisations in NSW
- Full Time with an essential service provider to June 2022 with likely extension
- NFP Salary Sacrificing available
Odyssey House NSW (OHNSW) is currently seeking a Nursing Unit Manager (NUM), Level I to lead our 12 bed Medical Detox Unit in Ingleburn and our Medical Office at our Eagle Vale Residential site. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing a team of dedicated nurses and clinicians to ensure the delivery of high-quality treatment and support in line with the OHNSW Model of Care. The Medical Unit is based in a semi-rural setting in Ingleburn, providing privacy and comfort to our residents. It is staffed 24 hours a day by nursing and AOD staff and provides withdrawal management and other health care to the resident clients of the Residential Program.
This is a full time, fixed term opportunity (tied to funding contracts).
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Operational and clinical management of the Medical Unit and team
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders and practitioners including primary care and LHD
- Oversee the supervision and education of nursing and medical student placements
- Leading and supporting the nursing and AOD team including supporting CPD for RN’s
- Supporting the delivery of health education program for residents
- Support of the Clinical Governance and Quality Improvement processes as relevant to the Unit
- Attending leadership team meetings
- Ensuring the Medical Unit and its team of Nurses and AOD staff operates effectively within the broader Residential Programs team
- Hold recognised relevant tertiary qualification and current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Division 1)
- Demonstrated operational, financial, human resource, workplace health and safety and effective communication / interpersonal skills experience at departmental level
- Understanding of clinical governance and current nursing issues
- Ability to deliver, evidenced-based, patient-centred care within a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement principles, clinical policy and procedure development and implementation
- Computer literacy in MS Word/Excel, Email and an electronic medical record system
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a current National Police Check
- Unlimited right to live and work in Australia
Odyssey House NSW is a non-government organisation based in the Sydney metro and regional areas that supports men and women undergoing treatment for alcohol, other drugs (AOD) and mental health issues within both community and residential care.
Each day we care for over 800 men and women across our programs, almost 100 of whom receive 24-hour care, 7 days per week in our residential facilities. This includes provision of treatment, food, essential items to maintain good health and hygiene, learning and education.
Our staff are designated authorised service workers by the NSW Ministry of Health.
In line with the Public Health Order, all NSW Health Workers are required to recieve the COVID-19 vaccination. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with Odyssey House NSW, prior to appointment, all recruits must provide evidence of their vaccination, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order.
If you are interested in this role, and believe you are a great fit for our organisation, here's how to apply:
- Please contact David Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org for a position description (PD)
- Address the Essential Criteria from the PD, outlining how your personal skills and competencies equip you to fulfil this position and forward to David Kelly (OP37)
Closing Date: 9th November 2021
Respectfully, this position is not open to Agency support.