Sunnybank Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Nurse Educator to join our Perioperative team on a Part Time basis.
Come and join our expert team of surgeons, specialist doctors, dedicated nurses and allied health professionals at Sunnybank Private Hospital. Sunnybank Private Hospital is an evolving facility that has provided care to the local community for over 40 years and continually embraces the highest quality of holistic patient care. The facility is comprised of 120 inpatient Surgical and Medical beds, a rehabilitation gym, 7 operating theatres, 2 procedure rooms, a day oncology unit and an ICU. Sunnybank is centrally located 13km southwest of Brisbane CBD and is easily accessible via the M1 and Gateway Motorway.
As the Perioperative Nurse Educator your responsibilities will include:
- Taking on a leadership role in providing hands on educational support and clinical teaching/facilitation to graduate nurses & students.
- Integrating theoretical knowledge, evidence-based principles and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff
- Utilising system strategies and tools to assess competence of new nursing staff members, whilst contributing to quality and safety initiatives across the department.
- Attending relevant policy & procedure meetings, ward meetings and monthly Education Meetings.
- Coordination of clinical placement and student education
- Applying the principles of succession management and mentoring to engage self and others in ongoing career development and growth.
- Utilising adult education principles and a structured evidence based education framework to plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate nursing education programs utilising contemporary education strategies including peer review to meet identified learning and workforce development needs.
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent qualification
- Certificate in work place assessment and training
- Thorough knowledge of ACORN standards and current legislation
- Demonstrated experience in eLearning platforms
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of computer literacy including MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced level of autonomous clinical and professional practice
- Minimum of 5 years' theatre experience as a Scrub Scout & experience as a Theatre Coordinator
- Demonstrated experience in management of quality improvement projects
- Advanced level of decision-making in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- Responsible for enacting strategies that supports a work-based culture that promotes and supports education, learning, research and workforce development.
- Post Graduate certificate in Clinical Education (or working towards)
- Post Graduate qualification in area of clinical practice
Applications close: 15th June, 2022
If successful, you will paid under the award 20 - Healthscope & QNMU/ANMF - QLD - Nurses Enterprise Agreement 2019 - 2021 ($54.49-$58.42 per hour).
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, WWCC (where applicable) and Evidence of right to work in Australia prior to appointment.