- World leading Defence Design and Support Systems Company
- Permanent Opportunity - Top Edge Technology
About Our Client
Our client goal is to create a centre of excellence for the design and support of systems for the Australian Defence Force. From the outset, the company was based on the provision of uncompromising design principles and robust through-life system support, this philosophy became an enduring driver of the company's business.
- Responsible for the effective management and delivery of projects.
- Provide leadership to all members of the project team whether directly managed or not.
- Lead, coach, and motivate team members in the development of a robust, innovative and high performing team.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the finances of projects, within approved budget constraints.
- Deliver the required outcomes in accordance with agreed schedules.
- Contribute to research and data analysis of project analytics to enable continuous improvement and deliver efficiencies in all aspects of project performance.
- Collaborate with the Senior Executive and Department Heads to identify business requirements as they pertain to assigned projects.
- Other activities as directed by the Chief Executive Officer / Technical Director.
The Successful Applicant
- AGSVA clearance level: NV1.
- Proven experience in the management and delivery of complex (over $50M) technical projects including experience in detailed scheduling, project finances and resource management.
- Understanding of major Defence Capital Acquisition and Support projects.
- Advanced technology project management experience, or demonstrated experience working at a high level in major technology development and delivery projects.
- Understanding of Defence Security requirements and procedures.
- Proven experience in Contract negotiation with the Commonwealth on major Capital Acquisition and/or Support projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results by arranging workflow, determining priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with autonomy.
- Competent in the use of Open Plan Professional and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Project at an Intermediate level.
- Project management experience in Defence or related industry.
- A tertiary degree or equivalent experience in one of the following disciplines; Engineering; Technical/Mechanical or Electrical Trade; or Management/Business/Commerce/Law.
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- World-leading organisation
- Excellent work environment
- Multi-million dollar projects and program management pathway
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Jean Carlo Ramirez on 0426 257 405.