Senior Project Controller
Permanent Position with Defence Company
Location: Cairns, Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney or Melbourne
Your new role:
Managing the in-service support requirements of Hydrographic Ships, Survey Motor Launches and Survey Motor Boats. Collectively, the team manages scheduled maintance, engineering configuration changes and ad-hoc support requirements to support this fleet.
As the Senior Project Controller, you will play a critical role on the this project, with the opportunity to utilise your experience in project cost and scheduling whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally.
In more specific terms you will:
- Act as a champion in Earned Value Management (EVM) and schedule development and ongoing/management across the program
- Establish and maintain fully integrated schedule and cost baselines
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide expert assistance to project teams in the use of cost and schedule tools, ideally in Open Plan Professional and Cobra
- Assist stakeholders with the development of appropriate product-based Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Ensure schedules are compliant to internal company governance and include a logically linked, fully resourced schedule, that is capable of displaying a valid critical path
- Identify and assess project cost and schedule challenges, provide guidance to the project teams and assist with implementing best solutions
- the best fit candidate will have experience using Open Plan Professional (OPP) and Cobra
- Demonstrated cost schedule analysis or project controls experience using Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar
- Complex program experience preferred, ideally in a defence environment
- An ability to see patterns, trends or missing pieces and communicate these to varied audiences
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Baseline defence security clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Call Maria Luiza on 0480 002 461 for any further information.