Your new company
NSW State Government department with a large amount of WHS work over the next few months. There are two roles available, with immediate start. Join a team managing the safety management framework, updating policies and procedures and ensuring the department is following legislation.
Your new role
- Develop and implement WHS policies and procedures to employees in a range of workplaces across the state to support the implementation of departmental safety programs, health and safety policies, procedures and initiatives to ensure compliance with both legislative requirements and work health and safety improvement targets.
- Monitor, review and analyse work health and safety risk management system to enhance Public Sector Capability Framework capabilities and ensure local strategies are in place which also ensures compliance with departmental objectives, relevant legislation requirements, regulations/code of practice and/or standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide advice, information and build capability with employees across a range of health and safety programs including providing advice and assistance in risk management (including hazard identification, risk assessment and controls and the implementation of safe systems of work), staff and student wellbeing, incident, training and induction and employee health and safety.
What you'll need to succeed
- WHS advisor with WHS qualifications and experience in writing Safety Procedures, policies, and other safety documents as required
- Good working knowledge of safety management systems
- Have an excellent understanding and knowledge of WHS legislative requirements, responsibilities, Australian Standards, and best practice
- Must have good attention to detail
- Good writing skills and an ability to write procedures in plain English
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Can do attitude
What you'll get in return
- A WHS Advisor position
- Temporary assignment until June 30th 2022 potential to extend
- The opportunity to work in the public sector and network with WHS experts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2630684