Lone Pine Peace Park at Leura has been given a spruce up for the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One.
Red Cross and the Rotary Club of Central Blue Mountains have combined to make some improvements to honour the park, which features a Lone Pine planted in 1919.
A new cross-shaped garden bed has been created near the entry gates. It has been planted with Red Cross roses to commemorate the women from Australia who served with the Red Cross during World War One.
Twenty seven Red Cross women from the Mountains went to battlefields in 1914-1918. Three did not return.
An additional plaque will be placed near the original Pinus halepensis, noting it was grown from a seed from Lone Pine Hill at Gallipoli.
The new additions and other significant areas of the park will be outlined on a map at the Balmoral Road stone gates, which were initiated by Mayor Charles Dash around 1919-21.
Among the features pointed out are the Armistice Day commemorative lettered steps and the Gordon Reserve, named for General Gordon of Khartoum.
The heritage-listed park contains sandstone entrance gates built in 1920 and a list of names of 71 Leura men who served overseas in the Great War, including 14 who were killed in action.
The additions will be unveiled in a ceremony on Remembrance Day, Sunday, November 11 at 11am.