Springwood will hold a “Shop Local Day” on Saturday, November 17 with businesses offering discounts, incentives and savings from 10am-2pm.
“The Shop Local campaign helps supports a sense of local community and vibrancy,” said Springwood and District Chamber of Commerce president, Julianne Purse.
“Shopping local also supports local jobs and keeps the village atmosphere that we all love alive.”
The “Shop Local” event is the first major initiative of the new committee of the Springwood and District Chamber of Commerce. The group represents retailers, businesses owners, services and not-for-profit organisations in Springwood and surrounding areas.
“It wonderful that the chamber is buzzing with energy on how we can continue with the great work of the chamber to ensure our community thrives by building connections between our community members, local business and stimulating tourism into our beautiful village,” said Ms Purse.
The new committee members are:
- President - Julianne Purse (Made In Homewares)
- Vice president - Hess Hami (Blue Mountains Computers)
- Treasurer - Jim Moutsos (James Moutsos Accounting)
- Secretary - Ellissa Nolan (Mountains Pilates Studio)
- Retail - Emma Lamont (A Stitch Above)
- Hospitality - Ross Purser (The Bunker)
- Trades - Xandro Lombardi (Digital Design Factory)
- Professional services - Mark Barton (Barton Real Estate)
- Health and fitness – Laurelle Caristo (Springwood Chiropractic)
- Online business - Hess Hami (Blue Mountains Computers)
- Markets – Hess Hami (Blue Mountains Computers)
- Arts and community- Lesley Lewis (Springwood Neighbourhood Centre)
The chamber, which supports the Springwood, Yellow Rock, Valley Heights, Winmalee, Hawkesbury Heights and Faulconbridge areas, welcomes new and returning members. For further information email email@example.com.
For more information about the “Shop Local Day” and other initiatives vist the chamber’s Facebook page.