The Blackheath co-design committee has been set up by Transport for NSW to discuss and refine route options for upgrading the highway through town.
The committee held its first meeting earlier this month via an online forum.
Members of the committee include community representatives as well as stakeholder representatives.
Transport for NSW is establishing the Blackheath Co-Design Committee to discuss and refine route options for upgrading the Great Western Highway through Blackheath.
Members of the Blackheath co-design committee include:
- Blackheath Public School P&C: Ally Drinkwater
- Blue Mountains Historical Society: Ross Ingram
- Blue Mountains Cycling Safety Forum: Damien Mah
- Save Centennial Glen: Juliet Bourke
- Save Station Street: Sally Hollis
- Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre: Gary Moore
- Blackheath Area Community Alliance: Eva Johnstone
- Blackheath Streetscape Group: Adele Colman
- Blackheath Chamber of Commerce: George Vergotis
- Blackheath Highway Action Group: Gary McCue
- Mick Beltran
- Gregory Nankervis
- Options will then be made available for broader community consultation.
The committee is likely to meet again in June and July. Options will then be made available for broader community consultation.