VICTORIA'S LATEST COVID-19 NUMBERS
* 288 new cases - a national record for daily increases
* 3379 in total across Victoria
* 1172 active cases
* 26 of the new cases linked to outbreaks, 262 under investigation
* 47 cases are in hospital, including 12 in intensive care
* 1.068 million tests done since testing began
* Face masks are now an official feature of Australia's coronavirus campaign, with national cabinet recommending their use in the Victorian outbreak.
* Roxburgh Park, Craigieburn and Truganina in the west have seen an up-tick in cases where the state's largest cluster at Al-Taqwa College is located.
* A worker from a Chemist Warehouse distribution centre in Melbourne's west has tested positive.
* Victoria Police have done 976 spot checks at homes, businesses and public places across the state in the last 24 hours, with 60 fines issued.
* Fines totalling $26,000 were handed out to 16 people at a birthday party in Dandenong after partygoers ordered KFC.
* Almost 5500 cars were inspected at road checkpoints across the state, with 12 drivers fined.
Australian Associated Press