A 51-year-old Winmalee man has been charged with sexual touching without consent, after an incident involving a young woman in Blaxland on October 20.
Blue Mountains Police Detective Chief Inspector Scott McAlpine alleges the man approached a 21-year-old woman working in a store in Blaxland CBD and touched her in a sexual manner without her consent.
The man will appear at Katoomba Local Court on November 30.
After an argument, a Warrimoo woman, 45, allegedly used an axe handle to strike two women, 65 and 25, on October 24, causing serious injuries.
The injured women were family member of the 45-year-old's Warrimoo tenant, who was moving out of the property at the time.
"The victims were taken to Nepean Hospital for treatment of cuts, fractures, and bruising," Det Chief Insp McAlpine said.
The woman will appear before Penrith Local Court on November 12.
A quick-thinking neighbour familiar with Springwood's bush trails found two missing young children before they wandered into a waterhole.
On October 9 about 5pm, two boys aged 6 and 4 were found missing from their family home in Springwood.
Police had been called and a street search began. Neighbour Libby Taylor from Nagle Avenue decided to check out the nearby bush trails, which she walks regularly.
"I thought if they were in the street they would have been spotted by now, so I decided to go into the bush," Mrs Taylor said.
She walked for 15 minutes and found the brothers playing near a big waterhole. "I got a shock when I saw them," she said.
Mrs Taylor promptly took the boys home, to their extremely relieved family.
She said there were quite a few cliffs in the area and some of the tracks were very overgrown. "The boys were very lucky," she said. "It was just good timing [that the boys were found at that point]." The siblings were not injured.
There was a small landslide at 'the bends' on Hawkesbury Rd on Monday morning but this was cleared quickly by the RFS.
A Fiat Motorhome parked in a driveway in Douglas St in Faulconbridge, was completely destroyed by fire about 1am on October 16.
Unknown causes started a fire inside the motorhome, which then spread to the eaves and roof of the resident's home, where the motorhome was being charged via an extension cable to a power outlet in the resident's garage, Det Chief Insp McAlpine said.
The home's occupants were not there at the time.