Blue Mountains small business owners took out nine awards at the 8th annual Altitude Awards on Saturday, November 7.
Women with Altitude founder and creator of the awards, Andrea Turner-Boys said: "This year we had a field of finalists from across NSW, ACT, Tasmania and Victorial. These awards are an opportunity to acknowledge individuals who have made outstanding contributions as; business owners, volunteers, employees and creative thinkers, in services, retailers and community organisations."
Winners from 18 categories were chosen for their outstanding contribution over a range of genres. An independent judging panel announced the winners of each category at the 'Glitter Gala Mask-erade Ball' held at the LCC Event Centre. There were winners from Nepean region, Quakers Hill, Macarthur, Sydney, Northern Beaches, Canberra and Illawarra, with the largest haul of winners from the Blue Mountains area.
"These awards are about supporting one another, building on our businesses, celebrating how far we've come and planning for the future, both professionally and personally," said Ms Turner-Boys.
"Small business owners are always incredibly busy and focused on building their business, often with limited support or encouragement. These awards are a way for them to connect with their peers and the small business community."
The Altitude Awards are held annually by Women with Altitude. Women with Altitude exists to connect professional women and entrepreneurs, to encourage collaboration, business referrals and business support. This organisation provides inspiration, encouragement, support and business knowledge.
The Blue Mountains winners of the 2020 Altitude Awards were:
- Business Excellence Award (sponsored by Western Sydney Business Center) - Joe and Merylese Mercieca - Blue Eco Homes
- Soaring Solo Award (sponsored by Women with Altitude) - Barbara Callan
- On My Way Award (sponsored by Champ Enterprises Pty Ltd) - Beverly Gunn, Waratah eConveyancing
- Two Peas Partnership Award (sponsored by JOOS Productions) - Aaron and Claire Hills, Angus Car Service
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (sponsored by Robyn Simon) - Ellie Hofland - White Fox Massage
- Best in Service Award (sponsored by Altitude Small Business Conference) -Shannon Decker, Now & Zen Landscapes
- Best Original Product Award (sponsored by Dreamtime Native Arts & Crafts) -Donna and Helder Marcal, Dermatonics
- Best Professional Service Business Award (sponsored by Women with Altitude) - Louise Xerri, Email Solutions and Consulting
- Inspiring Individual of the Year - Louise Xerri, Email Solutions and Consulting