Queensland has reported no new locally-acquired coronavirus cases, further boosting hopes a cluster linked to a quarantine hotel has been contained.
Queensland officials said on Sunday there were two new infections over the past 24 hours, but both were in returned travellers in isolation.
They brought the number of active cases to 31.
The good news came after some of those evacuated from the hotel at the centre of Brisbane's coronavirus outbreak enjoyed their first night in the community.
At least 30 of the 129 moved from the Hotel Grand Chancellor to the Westin midweek were granted a reprieve on Saturday and were allowed to leave from 6pm.
Chief Health Officer Jeanette Young said the hotel transmission event occurred on January 2, the last day a cleaner at the centre of the outbreak worked at the hotel.
She had initially feared it may have occurred as late as January 11, leading to an earlier "resetting" of hotel quarantine periods.
Former Grand Chancellor guest Geoff Crooks, who missed his brother's funeral as a result of the extended quarantine, said he was excited to leave.
"Spending it with our daughters, Jasmine and Elyssa in Brisbane, and of course our little dog Maisy," he told AAP of his plans for Sunday.
Those who arrived at the Grand Chancellor after January 2 will still need to complete their 14-day quarantine.
Close contacts of the cleaner and her partner, who tested positive on January 6 and 7 respectively, are expected to exit quarantine later this week.
No new cases have been found outside the cleaner, her partner and four hotel guests reported last week.
"There is every chance we have contained this cluster," Dr Young said.
"It's a little bit too early to say - we've still got to wait for that 14 days from when people had contact in the community before we can be certain - but it is looking promising."
Australian Associated Press