Jordan De Goey has approached Collingwood for permission to resume training with the Magpies but the troubled star's request has been knocked back by the AFL club.
The 25-year-old arrived back in Australia on Tuesday after months away in the United States.
After flying to America to undergo an intensive fitness program in a bid to put him in the best shape of his career, De Goey's trip took a turn when he was arrested after a night out in New York on October 30.
Collingwood immediately stood down De Goey after assault charges were laid and he remains barred from the club.
He is due to face court on December 8, which he will be able to do via video link.
"The stand down is currently still at play," De Goey's manager Ryan Vague told SEN.
"Jordan and myself reached out to Collingwood asking for him to be reinstated and allowed to attend training on Monday, but the stand down will stay in place.
"We'll put some arrangements around Jordan, he'll continue to train.
"He had an awesome training camp over in California and he'll continue with that.
"We'll work with Collingwood to get back to the club."
Vague was puzzled by the Magpies' decisive action in standing De Goey down, less than 24 hours after the alleged incident at PHD Rooftop Lounge in Manhattan.
"I understand the club had to make a decision, but I don't think the stand down should've been imposed on him," Vague said.
"It would've been a hard decision for Collingwood, but I expressed to the football club to allow for some more time.
"The decision was made quite quickly on the Sunday in late October."
Collingwood have been weighing up De Goey's future, regardless of what happens in court.
Magpies football boss Graham Wright admitted last week De Goey's "behaviour over a period of time" had been a concern for the club.
De Goey has played 118 games and kicked 155 goals for Collingwood after debuting in 2015.
Australian Associated Press