Blue Mountains business were among those to take out top prizes at the Women with Altitude awards in June.
Women with Altitude founder Andrea Turner-Boys said the awards "are about supporting one another, building on our connections, celebrating how far we've come toward a particular goal and planning for the future, both professionally and personally".
"Small business owners are always incredibly busy and focused on building their business, often with limited support or encouragement. These awards are a way for them to connect with their peers and be recognised in the small business community," she said.
The Blue Mountains award winners work across diverse business backgrounds incluidng accountancy, writing, acupuncture, pain management, singing, fashion retail, pilates, branding and marketing, home loans and copywriting.
"I am extremely proud to say 'we' won the Changemaker award. I say we, because without the trust, belief, support of the Blue Mountains community this award wouldn't be possible," said Dawn Cady from Alleviate Pain.
Angie Savva won the Soaring Micro Award, saying "it feels great to have my business acknowledged in this way and to celebrate with other amazing women who are similarly driven by their passion and purpose".
Blue Mountains awards recipients were:
- Gabrielle Benkovich, Judge Accountants | Climb Every Mountain, Inspiring Individual of the Year
- Melissa Nassif, On Brand Design | On My Way
- Angie Savva, Angie Savva - Acupuncturist & TCM Practitioner | Soaring Micro
- Fiona Donnelly, Telopea Services | Soaring Solo
- Dawn Cady, Alleviate Pain | The Changemaker
- Lisa Finn-Powell, Inspire Harmony
- Deb and Bruce Cash, Beaut-T-Ful Bags (Deb Cash-Campbell)
- Ellissa Nolan, Mountains Pilates
- Kristy Davies - realestate.com.au Home Loans Emerging Leader | Employee of the Year
- Peita Davies, Peita Davies - realestate.com.au Home Loans | Through the Woods
- Louisa Forrest | Lavenderia NappyCare and Laundry Service
The gala ball was held on June 1 in Liverpool where winners from 24 categories were chosen for their outstanding contribution over a range of genres.