AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 39,839,258 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Tuesday, including 88,417 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 23,711,445 have been administered by the Commonwealth, an increase of 59,749 on the previous 24 hours.
* 16,127,813 have been administered by the states and territories, including 28,668 in the previous 24 hours.
* 19,185,270 per cent of people 16 and over in Australia have received at least their first dose and 18,247,994 per cent are double-dosed.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 1731 new cases: 1312 in Victoria, 403 in NSW, eight in the ACT, three in South Australia, two in Queensland and the NT, and one in Tasmania.
* The national death toll is 2072: Victoria 1390 (+5), NSW 635 (+1), ACT 15 (+1) Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4 and the NT 1. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 267,150,598.
* Deaths: at least 5,271,039.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 8,248,791,450.
Data current as at 1730 AEDT on December 8, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press